Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chanticleer! Camera Critters



My Father who raised Bantam Roosters as a hobby would have loved these paintings.  Geoffrey Chaucer who wrote the Cantebury Tales probably would have enjoyed them also.  As I was struggling with the Middle English language of Chaucer's 14th Century masterpiece, I fell in love with Chanticleer, the proud and foolish rooster.

The paintings are hanging in McLarry's Art Gallery on Canyon Road.

To see how other bloggers treated Camera Critters today, go here.

9 comments:

  1. those are mighty fine paintings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've struggled with Chaucer too. I feel your pain. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cock-A-Doodle-Do! Great capture of the roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roosters make great subjects for photos and/or paintings, They are such attractive birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cock-a-doodle-doo!

    Fantastic art work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful, vibrant paintings Kate. So you are on the move again, you sure get around and about. I hope you're having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Happy that you have visited my blog. Come back often; I appreciate your comments! Thank you.