Saturday, February 15, 2014

Akasha


I met Akasha in the Sage Bakehouse in Santa Fe, NM. When she walked in with her notebooks, I waited 'til she was settled before I approached her for a photo. Originally from Massachusetts, she has lived here for 13 years with her 9-year-old son, Rowan, whose portrait she proudly showed me: a handsome young man posing with their parrot. They live with birds, fish, and a cat. Akasha stays busy as an instructor of yoga and her own landscape design business. I hope to run into her again, and if I continue to roam the city early in the morning for photo ops, I just might see her here or perhaps somewhere else.

11 comments:

  1. Unusual name...pretty lady. You are so brave to approach strangers and ask for a photo. I guess I am afraid of being rejected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janey, most people adore having their photo taken and are not reluctant about including personal information when I assure them that I will be respectful. A few times older people from other cultures have declined but very seldom.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful portrait of your new acquaintance, Akasha. Hope you two meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful name, and she posed so naturally for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's a beauty. you're so good about approaching others and getting to know them (and getting their portrait.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun doing these portraits, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fine-looking woman and must have a good heart what with all those critters in her home and also allowing you to go snap-snap with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see I am not the only one who thinks her name is rather unusual and beautiful. It's nice to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful name for a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An outstanding portrait, Kate. You really capture her personality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful portrait, beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete

Happy that you have visited my blog. Come back often; I appreciate your comments! Thank you.