Friday, March 26, 2010

"These Boots Were Made For Walkin!"

While looking for some ski jackets, I discovered a terrific consignment shop on the corner of Montezuma and Guadalupe. Didn't find a jacket, but DH found one for himself and he's now skiing the slopes. I continue to look for a pair of red cowboy boots.  The ones I am really lusting for are custom-made and cost $1200.  I think I'll pass on those and try to find some "gently used" ones altho they're hard to find and fit, or so I've been told.

The shop has EVERYTHING! Clothes, furniture, china, paintings...you name it. Everything except red cowboy boots in my size!  I'll keep looking!

13 comments:

  1. What a display, what choice! These sort of boots always look uncomfortable to me but they can't be - there would surely not be so many in the world! Love the shot, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing and very interesting shop - carefully designed to part people from their money.
    There's a pair of boots on the second shelf (4th from left) that look as though the wearer was rocking back on his heels but the pairs I really like are on the third shelf, with toes together and heels apart just as they might be worn by someone. Actually, the more I look the more I notice . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a shop I wouldnt mind going through. The boots make a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a cool shop. I'm sure you'll find your boots one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing the number of styles in boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you pick out some "cowgirl" boots, Great Kate?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boot shot is really cool! Nancy Sinatra will love the title of this post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a place that I could spend some time and money in! Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping you find those red boots! Nice pictures you have of our Home Sweet State. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah you were at Double Take. I love this store. I have found some nice stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't there a poem about a requirement of wimmen of your/our age to wear purple...?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unbelievable, you really have choice here!

    ReplyDelete

Happy that you have visited my blog. Come back often; I appreciate your comments! Thank you.