Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What a Coincidence!

One day recently as I strolled down Canyon Road, I was captivated by this gallery, which was closed so I couldn't check out the work. Later on another day I went back and met the owner who was busy painting a new piece of art work.  I introduced myself to Ed Larson, the owner/artist, and while we chatted I noticed one of his pieces entitled "Washington Island."  Curious I asked its location. It turned out to be the same Washington Island in Door County, Wisconsin which our family has loved and  where we have vacationed each summer for years. Many years ago Ed had owned the business pictured in his painting, and we knew many of the same people on the Island. Uncanny coincidence!

14 comments:

  1. What an interesting story to your photos. Yes, what a coincidence! That's life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe ce portrait , et puis une belle peinture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary portrait, the man and his work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny and what a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun coincidence! i find it interesting how we interact and leave an influence on each other throughout our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kate, I'm so glad you went back. I had a feeling you would connect with Ed. He's a very cool person. What a wonderful synchronicity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your portrait of Ed Larson. It looks like New Mexico is doing him a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serendipity! Beautiful portrait and from what I can see, I like his work.

    The old cliche, "It's a small world," often proves true. I ran into a fellow on the golf course a couple of days ago who lives in a city in Illinois where I spent several years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have found that it is a small world. This is another exceptional portrait of the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coincidences and a nice portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about that, Kate? That artist looks like a rugged, yet kindly guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you love when things like this happen. I guess we are all interconnected in ways we never discover until we get a chance to talk to someone.
    Very, very nice portrait!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete

Happy that you have visited my blog. Come back often; I appreciate your comments! Thank you.