Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Happy Wanderer


While wandering the Plaza in downtown Santa Fe, I stopped at Kiran's booth where she was selling some of her original watercolors and acrylic paintings. She has been living in Santa Fe for the past sixteen years and her subject matter focuses on downtown storefronts, churches, and portraits of people and animals. Kiran has visited many countries:  India, Spain, Greece, Nigeria, England and Sweden. In 2001 she earned a vendor license to display her work in the Plaza, directly across from the Palace of the Govenors on Palace Avenue.

13 comments:

  1. She certainly looks rugged up for the cold Kate, would love to see some of her watercolours. Love the good luck frog on her beanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you did it again - this is a wonderful portrait. Love the colors she is wearing, and of course, that frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how competitive it is and what one must do to get a vendor's license across from the Palace of the Governors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly believe that wandering the world makes a persosn happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the frog on her hat! She sounds the kind of person I would enjoy knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Braving the cold and smiling too! I like the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A well traveled artist and she chose Santa Fe for her home. Earning a license to sell on the Plaza would be no small feat!
    Another wonderful portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As so many have noted, that frog leaps right into the portrait. I wonder that it must be tough to be a vendor sitting out in the cold as they do. Is it a case of suffering for ones art?

    Another wonderful portrait! You clearly have a gift of putting people at ease and capturing who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would guess her art has some stories to tell from around the world. But look, she's got a frog on her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that first portrait! Will you consider entering it in my 'Weekly Top Shot' meme? We're on Week #17 and I'd love to see you share with me and my readers! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=6220

    ReplyDelete

Happy that you have visited my blog. Come back often; I appreciate your comments! Thank you.